From Rachel Ray
Total Time:35 min
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or wok oil, 3 turns of the pan
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 inches fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots, available in pouches in produce section, a couple of handfuls
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup Tamari, dark aged soy sauce
- Bring water to a boil. Add rice, reduce heat, cover and cook over medium low heat until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Spread rice out on a cookie sheet to quick cool it.
- Heat a wok, wok shaped skillet or large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add oil to the pan. Add egg to hot oil and break into small bits as it scrambles. When eggs are scrambled, add garlic and ginger to the pan. Add carrots, pepper, scallions to the pan and quick stir-fry veggies 2 minutes. Add rice to the pan and combine with veggies. Fry rice with veggies 2 or 3 minutes. Add peas and soy sauce to the rice and stir fry 1 minute more, then serve.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael RayRead more here: