Recipe courtesy of Giada De LaurentiisTotal Time: 55 min
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 40 min
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yam, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian-style bread crumbs
- Fresh basil sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the potato, yam, bell pepper, carrots, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss until coated. Spread vegetables evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange the onion slices evenly over the vegetable mixture. Arrange the zucchini over the onion. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange the tomato slices over the zucchini.
- Stir the Parmesan and bread crumbs in a small bowl to blend. Sprinkle the Parmesan bread crumbs over the vegetables in the baking dish. Drizzle with the last tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake uncovered until the vegetables are tender, and the topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil sprigs, if desired.
Read more here