Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Resting/Cooling Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 3 cups sushi rice It should say "sushi rice" right on the bag. Calrose rice works ok if you can't find sushi rice.
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cups Japanese rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
INSTRUCTIONSPlace the rice into a mixing bowl and cover with cool water. Swirl the rice in the water with your hand, pour off and repeat 2-3 times or until the water is clear. Rinse a few more times.
After the rice is rinsed, let the rice drain in a colander or strainer for 1 hour.
After the rice has drained, put the rice in the rice cooker with the 3 cups of water, cover, and start.
If you don't have a rice cooker place rice and water in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; bring just to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let rice rest, covered, for 15 additional minutes.
While rice is cooking, prepare the vinegar mixture. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine rice vinegar, sugar, and salt. Heat mixture just until the sugar dissolves (do not let it boil). Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
When the rice is done cooking, gently spread out the rice over a cookie sheet. Evenly distribute the cooled vinegar mixture over the rice. Gently turn rice over from time to time with rice paddle or wooden spatula so that rice cools evenly.
To speed things up, fan the rice each time you turn it over. When rice has cooled to room temperature, it is ready to use for sushi rolls!
If you want to wait a little bit before making your sushi or while you are making the rolls, you can keep the rice at the right temperature by placing it in a large bowl and covering with a damp kitchen towel.
Recipe from favfamilyrecipes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
Put all indredients except tomatoes in bowl. Mash together well. Add tomatoes and stir.
From Allrecipes.comPrep: 5 m
Cook: 25 m
Ready In: 30 m
"This is an excellent authentic Mexican rice recipe (not to be confused with Spanish rice) that I make as a side dish with all of my Mexican dishes. The key is cooking the rice properly and using good quality chicken broth or stock."
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, halved
In a medium sauce pan, cook rice in oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Pour in chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Stir in onion, green pepper, jalapeno, and diced tomato. Season with bouillon cube, salt and pepper, cumin, cilantro, and garlic. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.
Cook: 10 m
Ready In: 20 m
Recipe By:Chef John"These classic diner-style hash browns are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside."
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 pinch paprika, or to taste
Shred potatoes into a large bowl filled with cold water. Stir until water is cloudy, drain, and cover potatoes again with fresh cold water. Stir again to dissolve excess starch. Drain potatoes well, pat dry with paper towels, and squeeze out any excess moisture.
Heat clarified butter in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Sprinkle shredded potatoes into the hot butter and season with salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika.
Cook potatoes until a brown crust forms on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Continue to cook and stir until potatoes are browned all over, about 5 more minutes.
Printed From Allrecipes.com 3/21/2017
Recipe courtesy of Giada De LaurentiisTotal Time: 50 min
Prep: 25 min
Cook: 25 min
Yield:4 to 6 servings
- 1 medium green apple, cored and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red apple, cored and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus 2 tablespoons cubed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (6-ounce) bag dried cranberries
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage, meat removed from casing
- 8 ounce jar steamed whole chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 pound day old cornbread or bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup canned chicken stock
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a medium saute pan add the apples, onion, 1 tablespoon oil and butter cook over a medium low heat for 10 minutes to soften. Add the wine, cranberries, and salt and pepper, simmer for about 5 minutes. Take off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and turkey sausage meat and break up with a wooden spoon and cook until browned and cooked through, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl toss together the fruit and onion mixture, the sausage, the chestnuts, the cornbread and red pepper flakes. Combine all the ingredients.
Add the chicken stock, and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan. Gently place into an 8 1/2 by 8 1/2- inch glass Pyrex baking dish and top with the remaining Parmesan. Dot with butter. Place in middle rack and bake until top is golden brown, 45 minutes to 1 hour.Read more here
Recipes List all
- Apple Crisp II
- Apple Crostata
- Bananas Foster
- Bittersweet Chocolate Souffle
- Black Magic Cake
- Browniews made with Cocoa Powder
- Butter Pie Crust
- Chocolate Pound Cake III
- Creme Brulee (Sous Vide Method)
- Deer Valley’s Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- English Trifle to Die For
- Ice Cream Base
- Martha's Pound Cake
- Molten Chocolate Cakes
- No-Bake Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake
Main Course - Beef
Main Course - Eggs
Main Course - Fish
Main Course - Lamb
Main Course - Pork
Main Course - Poultry
- Chef John's Coq Au Vin
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Marsala
- Chicken Piccata
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Cream Filling with Chicken
- Curried Chicken Thighs
- Curried Coconut Chicken
- Madhur Jaffrey's Chicken in a Fried Onion Sauce
- Marcella Hazan's Lemon Roasted Chicken with Carrots and Potatoes Recipe
- Moo Shu Chicken
- Roast Crisped-Skin Turkey
- The Ultimate Crispy Fried Chicken
Main Course - Vegetarian
Sauces & salad dressings