Main Course - Vegetarian
TOTAL TIME: 48 mins
YIELD: 12 crepes
ABOUT THIS RECIPE: "Out of my favorite book by Marie Simmons, Pancakes A to Z. Her husband John's recipe for a savory crepe filling. Packed with lots of fresh ingredients and can be made ahead & heated just before serving, making these crepes a perfect dish for company or a quick evening meal. Posted for Zaar World Tour 5. Prep time is an estimate & does not include making homemade crepes."
- 12 (6 inch) crepes ( pre-made or homemade with one of the crepe recipes posted on Zaar)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs mushrooms, rinsed, trimmed and thinly sliced ( about 8 cups of any combination of white button, shiitake, oyster, portobello, chanterelles or whate)
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) packages fresh spinach, washed, stemmed & coarsely chopped
- 5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
DIRECTIONSMake crepes if using homemade & set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Heat the oil in a large skillet until hot enough to sizzle a slice of mushroom. Add the mushrooms all at once and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until they begin to brown. About 10 minutes.
Stir in the parsley, thyme, garlic, salt & pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
Reduce heat to medium and stir in the spinach. Cover & cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
Uncover & add the goat cheese, stirring until melted.
Spoon mixture down the center of each crepe. Roll up crepes and arrange side by side in a 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover pan with foil and heat until cheese melts, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipes List all
- Apple Crisp II
- Apple Crostata
- Bananas Foster
- Bittersweet Chocolate Souffle
- Black Magic Cake
- Browniews made with Cocoa Powder
- Butter Pie Crust
- Chocolate Pound Cake III
- Creme Brulee (Sous Vide Method)
- Deer Valley’s Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- English Trifle to Die For
- German Apple Cake
- Ice Cream Base
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake
- Martha's Pound Cake
- Molten Chocolate Cakes
- No-Bake Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake
Main Course - Beef
Main Course - Eggs
Main Course - Fish
Main Course - Lamb
Main Course - Pork
Main Course - Poultry
- Chef John's Coq Au Vin
- Chicken and Mushroom Chimichangas
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Marsala
- Chicken Piccata
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Cream Filling with Chicken
- Curried Chicken Thighs
- Curried Coconut Chicken
- Madhur Jaffrey's Chicken in a Fried Onion Sauce
- Marcella Hazan's Lemon Roasted Chicken with Carrots and Potatoes Recipe
- Moo Shu Chicken
- Roast Crisped-Skin Turkey
- The Ultimate Crispy Fried Chicken
Main Course - Vegetarian
Sauces & salad dressings