Main Course - Fish
I love the combination of tarragon and Italian parsley, but I've used herbs like basil and thyme, which worked wonderfully as well. As far as the fish goes, a center-cut salmon filet is a perfect thickness for this, but other similarly shaped seafood will work.By CHEF JOHN
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Total: 25 mins
- 2 (8 ounce) center-cut salmon fillets, with skin
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Season salmon fillets with kosher salt. Line a baking baking sheet with foil and brush lightly with vegetable oil.
Preheat oven's broiler on high and set the oven rack about 8 inches from the heat source.
Process garlic, tarragon, and parsley in a blender or mortar and pestle to form a loose paste.
Mix mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper into garlic paste until combined.
Place salmon fillets skin side down on the baking sheet. Spoon herb spread over the top and sides of each fillet.
Cook under the preheated broiler until fillets are well-browned, about 5 minutes. Turn the broiler off and turn the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bake until the internal temperature of the salmon is 130 degrees F (55 degrees C) and salmon flakes easily with a fork, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Nutrition FactsPer Serving:
496 calories; 33 g total fat; 132 mg cholesterol; 520 mg sodium. 2.3 g carbohydrates; 45.1 g protein;
Our go-to fish tacos recipe for entertaining! Easy, excellent fish tacos with the best fish taco sauce; an irresistible lime crema! | natashaskitchen.com
Our all-time favorite fish tacos recipe! These are loaded with fresh ingredients and perfectly seasoned plump fish. Don't skip the best fish taco sauce - an irresistible garlic lime crema.
Author: Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com
Fish Taco Ingredients:
- 24 small white corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 lb tilapia
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
Fish Taco Toppings:
- 1/2 small purple cabbage
- 2 medium avocado sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes diced (optional)
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro longer stems removed
- 4 oz 1 cup Cotija cheese, grated
- 1 lime cut into 8 wedges to serve
Fish Taco Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup Mayo
- 2 Tbsp lime juice from 1 medium lime
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce or to taste
Line large baking sheet with parchment or silicone liner. In a small dish, combine seasonings: 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper and evenly sprinkle seasoning mix over both sides of tilapia. Lightly drizzle fish with olive oil and dot each piece with butter. Bake at 375 for 20-25 min. To brown edges, broil for 3-5 minutes at the end if desired.
Combine all Taco sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended.
To serve the tacos, toast quickly toast the corn tortillas on a large dry skillet or griddle over medium/high heat.
To assemble: start with pieces of fish then add remaining ingredients finishing with a generous sprinkle of cotija cheese and finally that awesome taco sauce! Serve with a fresh lime wedge to squeeze over tacos.
Cook: 20 m
Ready In: 40 m
Recipe By:Deb Brown
"My family thinks that this is better then at our local Thai restaurant! You can use less or more of the red curry paste for less or more heat. We like it spicy!"
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup red curry paste
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 (14 ounce) cans light coconut milk
- 3 small leeks, chopped
- 1/2 Spanish onion, chopped
- 3 ounces sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 5 tablespoons white
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 ounces fresh green beans, halved, or more to taste
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir curry paste until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir shrimp into paste and cook for 3 minutes.
Transfer shrimp to a plate, scraping as much paste back into the skillet as possible.
Pour coconut milk into the curry paste. Add leeks, onion, bamboo shoots, sugar, and fish sauce; bring to a boil. Add green beans, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, scallions, and jalapeno pepper and simmer until vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Add shrimp and pineapple; cook and stir until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes more. Serve curry over cooked rice.
"I used other pad thai recipes from this website and added shrimp and my own little flavor and spice."
- 1 (8 ounce) package dried rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sweet chile sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 pound bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots (optional)
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside until noodles are softened, about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse thoroughly. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Combine rice wine vinegar, ketchup, fish sauce, chile sauce, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Set aside.
Add shrimp to the wok. Cook and stir until pink, about 4 minutes. Add the ketchup mixture and stir. Move all ingredients to one side to clear a small space in the pan. Pour in eggs and cook without stirring until partially set, about 3 minutes.
Stir the drained noodles into the shrimp and egg mixture. Add 1/2 cup peanuts, 1/4 cup bean sprouts, and carrots. Cook and stir until noodles are heated through, about 2 minutes. Garnish with the remaining peanuts, bean sprouts, lime wedges, green onions, and cilantro.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 Allrecipes.comPrinted From Allrecipes.com 9/26/2019
Recipe courtesy of Giada De LaurentiisTotal Time: 33 min
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus additional as needed
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 to 2 tablespoons
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
Toss the shrimp in a medium bowl with 1 teaspoon of salt and red pepper flakes. Heat the 3 tablespoons oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and saute for about a minute, toss, and continue cooking until just cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a large plate; set aside.
Add the onion to the same skillet, adding 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan, if necessary, and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juices, wine, garlic, and oregano. Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes. Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the tomato mixture; toss to coat, and cook for about a minute so the flavors meld together. Stir in the parsley and basil. Season with more salt, to taste, and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Original recipe HERE
Recipes List all
- Apple Crisp II
- Apple Crostata
- Bananas Foster
- Bittersweet Chocolate Souffle
- Black Magic Cake
- Browniews made with Cocoa Powder
- Butter Pie Crust
- Chocolate Pound Cake III
- Creme Brulee (Sous Vide Method)
- Deer Valley’s Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- English Trifle to Die For
- German Apple Cake
- Ice Cream Base
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake
- Martha's Pound Cake
- Molten Chocolate Cakes
- No-Bake Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake
Main Course - Beef
Main Course - Eggs
Main Course - Fish
Main Course - Lamb
Main Course - Pork
Main Course - Poultry
- Chef John's Coq Au Vin
- Chicken and Mushroom Chimichangas
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Marsala
- Chicken Piccata
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Cream Filling with Chicken
- Curried Chicken Thighs
- Curried Coconut Chicken
- Madhur Jaffrey's Chicken in a Fried Onion Sauce
- Marcella Hazan's Lemon Roasted Chicken with Carrots and Potatoes Recipe
- Moo Shu Chicken
- Roast Crisped-Skin Turkey
- The Ultimate Crispy Fried Chicken
Main Course - Vegetarian
Sauces & salad dressings