From Cook's Illustsrated
"We wanted a mild chutney to serve with roast turkey or other poultry, pork, lamb, or our country pâté and this curried apple-cranberry chutney recipe fit the bill. Making the chutney simply involved simmering the ingredients until tender, about 30 minutes. It can be jarred and refrigerated for at least two weeks.""
- 2 Golden Delicious apples (about 1 pound), peeled, quartered, cored and cut into medium dice (about 2 ½ cups)
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries, picked through and coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 4 ounces golden raisins (½ cup)
- ½ medium onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest from 1 small lemon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Mix all ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender and most liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature. (Can be jarred and refrigerated for at least 2 weeks.)
Link to original recipe HERE.