This recipe is for one crust, though we usually make five batches at a time.
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon warm water (105 degrees F) (Note: 2 cups for 5 batches)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- additional flour for work surface & bowl
Put flour in mixing bowl, form a well in the center, and put olive oil in the ceter of the well.
Disolve yeast in the warm water and set aside for 15 minutes
When the yeast is ready, add the salt and the yeast measure to the well and knead until smooth and elastic. Place in a floured bowl and let rise several times punching down each time the dough doubles in volume.