Cook: 20 m
Ready In: 40 m
Recipe By:Deb Brown
"My family thinks that this is better then at our local Thai restaurant! You can use less or more of the red curry paste for less or more heat. We like it spicy!"
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup red curry paste
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 (14 ounce) cans light coconut milk
- 3 small leeks, chopped
- 1/2 Spanish onion, chopped
- 3 ounces sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 5 tablespoons white
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 ounces fresh green beans, halved, or more to taste
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir curry paste until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir shrimp into paste and cook for 3 minutes.
Transfer shrimp to a plate, scraping as much paste back into the skillet as possible.
Pour coconut milk into the curry paste. Add leeks, onion, bamboo shoots, sugar, and fish sauce; bring to a boil. Add green beans, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, scallions, and jalapeno pepper and simmer until vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Add shrimp and pineapple; cook and stir until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes more. Serve curry over cooked rice.